This is my go-to brownie recipe, I love it and I think it makes the best brownies!! Send me your photos of the brownies, if you ever make them. Above is my brownies!
Cooking temperatures and timings:
180°C / Fan 160°C / 350°F / Gas 4
22 / 25 minutes - I usually put it on for slightly less (approx. 18 / 20) and then put a skewer in to see if it comes out clean. If it does, I leave it in the tin on the side to help it cook a little further but without becoming overcooked.
100g Plain white flour
1tsp Baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven
- In a separate bowl, melt together the chocolate and the butter. I do this gradually over a pan of boiling water on the hob to ensure the butter doesn't burn.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the flour and baking powder in. Then add the sugar.
- Beat the eggs in a separate bowl. Add gradually to the mixture and mix.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter to the bowl. I tend to wait until the chocolate is a little cooler as I always fear it may cook the eggs.
- You can now add any extras that you may want to experiment with - raspberries maybe? I add hazelnuts here (100g)
- Pour the mixture into your tin and bake
- Cut into squares. I tend to leave it to cool slightly before cutting as it can be slightly gooey so hard to cut.
What is your go-to brownie recipe? I hope you enjoy the recipe if you try it. See you tomorrow!